Fleek LLC originally conceived CAP and is in charge of distributing its open source code and interfaces. CAP is fully open source; however, this does not provide access to the CAP brand and image trademarks/licenses.
We take the usage of our brand and service trademarks very seriously, as it is our responsibility to ensure all CAP users whether Fleek LLC is the entity behind a service or website; and that the resources, platforms, services, and open source code/software that is shared represents unmodified CAP software.
These trademark policies affect the CAP brand, and associated image, logos, websites, and content.
You are allowed to:¶
(Without explicit concent)
- Use CAP's brand or trademarks to refer or link to official and up to date resources, open source repositories, interfaces, or CAP services.
- Use CAP's brand to refer to community-driven modifications or updates, specifying its original source and derivation from CAP's original resource.
- Use CAP's image and logo to communicate, inform, or share information (as an external, non affiliated source) regarding CAP and the Open Internet Services’ functioning.
- Use CAP's logo on integrated software or Internet Computer applications to specify an integration to CAP's services, or link to them. Which doesn’t in turn imply an official sponsorship or endorsement from CAP, which can’t be claimed without permission.
- Use CAP's brand and trademark.
- Use CAP's logos for the aforementioned uses, without modifying them other than in scale.
You are NOT allowed to:¶
- Use CAP's branding, image, or trademarks on fraudulent websites, services, products, software or open/closed source code of any type.
- Use CAP's brand or image as your own, have it overshadow your own brand, or intend to deceive users to believe a non-affiliated brand or product is CAP (similar names, modified but similar imagery, etc.)
- Use CAP as a claimed sponsorship, endorsement, or claim any type of unauthorized affiliation (such as creating fake profiles, alleged partnerships or products), utilizing CAP's trademark and brand.
- Modify CAP's brand and trademarks.
- Commercialize or distribute CAP's brand, image or logo in any shape or form.